Blackened Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Instead of classic chicken alfredo the chicken is seasoned with blackened seasoning in this delicious recipe. The blackened seasoning is just a mixture of common spices that you probably already have on hand. The cayenne pepper in the seasoning gives this dish a little bit of spice. The alfredo sauce is a combination of heavy cream, shallot, butter and parmesan cheese. You can use whatever type of pasta you like for this recipe such as fettucine or linguini. I like to serve this recipe with garlic bread. Enjoy.
Blackened Chicken Alfredo
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1 ½ tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- parsley (for garnish)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced through the middle to make 6 thin cutlets)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces pasta noodles
- In a small bowl mix together all of the ingredients for the blackened seasoning. Brush chicken with 2 tablespoons of melted butter and sprinkle on both sides with the blackened seasoning.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook in batches, turning at least once until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain in a colander but reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water. While the pasta is cooking, melt 6 tablespoon of butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and saute until tender. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook while stirring often until the sauce has reduced slightly (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and add the parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and the reserved pasta water. Add to the pasta and mix well. Slice the reserve chicken and serve on top of the alfredo noodles. Garnish with parsley.
Adapted from Aunt Bee’s Recipes.