Chicken Cordon Bleu Burger Recipe
If you enjoy chicken cordon bleu you may want to try making a burger with similar ingredients. This burger is a ground chicken patty seasoned, fried and topped with ham and swiss cheese. The burgers are topped with a mustard spread that is just a combination of mayonnaise and mustard. You can either grilled these, cook them in a frying pan or use a griddle. I personally used a griddle to cook these burgers. You can top the burgers with any additional items you like such as lettuce and tomato. For the seasoning blend, you can really use whatever you want but I used garlic and herb seasoning. Enjoy.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Burger
- 1lb ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon burger seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- In a small bowl combine mustard and mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a large bowl combine ground chicken and seasoning blend. Divide the seasoned meat into 4 patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-heat. Cook the burger patties, turning frequently until browned on both sides and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.), about 5 minutes per-side. Turn off the heat and top each patty with a slice of ham and a slice of swiss cheese. Cover the skillet to allow the cheese to melt.
- Serve patties on hamburger buns spread with the mustard spread. Add other toppings if you desire.