Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese Recipe
The ingredients of chicken cordon bleu go into this delicious grilled cheese sandwich. This grilled cheese consists of fried chicken, a mustard sauce, Swiss cheese and ham. The chicken is coated with egg and panko bread crumbs and then fried in the pan until crispy. The sauce really adds a nice flavor to this sandwich and is a simple combination of mayonnaise, mustard and garlic and herb seasoning. You can use whatever type of bread you like for this recipe such as French bread or sour dough. Enjoy.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese
Yield: 4 Servings
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices Virginia ham
- 4 slices muenster cheese
- 8 slices French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and garlic and herb seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- In a shallow dish combine panko bread crumbs, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Cut the chicken breast in half. Pound each half to an even thickness. Dip each chicken piece first in the egg and then in the seasoned panko mixture. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-heat. Pan fry the chicken pieces until golden brown on each side and cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Remove from the pan and cut in half.
- Spread the Dijon spread onto one side of each slice of bread. Layer with a piece of ham, muenster cheese, half piece of breaded chicken, and another slice of muenster cheese. Top with another piece of French bread. Butter both sides of each sandwich and cook in a non-stick skillet until golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook until golden brown on the other side and the cheese has melted.
Adapted from Lemony Thyme.