Chicken Strip Grilled Cheese Recipe
I came up with the idea for this chicken strip grilled cheese recipe from the menu at Perkins restaurant. I have not actually tried this grilled cheese at Perkins but the idea sounded delicious. This sandwich is loaded with two crispy chicken strips, bacon, pepper jack cheese, ranch dressing and sour dough bread. The grilled cheese gets a nice kick from the pepper jack and the flavors of chicken, bacon and ranch go perfectly together. The type of bread that is used in this recipe is sourdough but you can experiment with other types of bread if you choose. For the chicken strips you can either use store bought or you can make your own. Using frozen chicken strips from the store will save a lot of time and they can either be deep fried or baked—it’s your choice. Serve with French fries. Enjoy.
Chicken Strip Grilled Cheese
Yield: 2 Servings
- 4 frozen chicken strips
- 4 slices Applewood smoked bacon
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- butter (for spreading)
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add the bacon strips and cook until golden brown and crispy, turning as needed. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Cook the chicken strips according to package directions by either baking in the oven or deep frying until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 Degrees F.).
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Take one of the bread slices butter side down and spread a layer of ranch dressing onto the top. Place 1 slice of pepper jack cheese on top of the ranch. Add two chicken strips over the cheese, add 2 slices of bacon over the chicken strips. Top with an additional slice of pepper jack cheese. Place the other bread slice over the cheese, butter side up. Repeat with remaining sandwich.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium-high heat. Add the sandwiches to the skillet butter-side down. Cook until the sandwiches are golden brown on the bottom (about 2 minutes). Turn and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Cook until golden brown and the cheese has melted.