Chili Cheeseburger Bake Recipe
This chili cheeseburger bake is loaded with delicious ingredients. To be honest, it is actually more like a taco bake without any tortillas. The casserole is layered with a taco meat and vegetable mixture, refried beans and taco sauce, chili cheese flavored frito chips and tons of shredded cheddar cheese. This casserole is easy to prepare and you can easily double it to serve a lot of people if needed. You can top this off with your favorite chili or taco ingredients. Enjoy.
Chili Cheeseburger Bake
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry
- 1 (11-oz) can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 1 (1 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- ½ cup taco sauce
- 2 cups chili-cheese corn chips
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat brown the ground beef while breaking up until chunks with a spatula. Drain any excess grease. Add the bell pepper and onion stir-fry, corn, taco seasoning mix and ¼ cup water. Mix well. Cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine the refried beans and taco sauce. Mix well.
- Spoon half of the beef mixture onto the bottom of the prepare baking dish. Top with half of the bean mixture and half of the corn chips. Top with the remaining beef mixture and bean mixture. Cover with foil. Place into the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Uncover the baking dish and top with the shredded cheddar cheese and remaining corn chips.
- Return to the oven and bake uncovered for an additional 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through and the cheese has melted.
Adapted from Pillsbury.