Chili’s Queso Recipe
If you enjoy the queso dip from Chili’s restaurant this copycat recipe is perfect for you. Chili’s queso dip can easily be prepared right in the slow cooker. This is a great recipe for the upcoming Super Bowl. The process to preparing this dip is very simple—all of the ingredients are placed into the slow cooker and cooked on low for a couple of hours. This dip gets a lot of its flavor from chili powder, cumin and lime juice. A little heat is added from the cayenne pepper. Serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy.
Yield: 8 Servings
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-bean chili
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- juice of 1 lime
- tortilla chips (for serving)
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes. Add all of the ingredients except for the tortilla chips to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 2 hours or on high for 1 hour.
- Stir until everything is mixed well. Cook for low for an additional 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Adapted from Crème de la Crumb.