Cowboy Casserole Recipe
Like most casserole recipes, this cowboy casserole is quick and easy to prepare. If you are looking for a simple dish to prepare for a busy weeknight, this recipe is perfect for you. This cowboy casserole combines various ingredients such as ground beef and corn, tater tots and cheese to create a delicious meal. The meat mixture is spread over a layer of tater tots and then a layer of cheese and an additional layer of tater tots are piled on top. This recipe makes 2 serving but can easily be doubled if you want to serve a large crowd. Enjoy.
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1/2lb lean ground beef
- 1 (8 ¾ ounces) can whole kernel corn (drained)
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ¾ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet cook the ground beef over medium-heat, while breaking up into chunks with a spatula, until no longer pink. Stir in the corn, soup, ¼ cup of cheese, milk, sour cream, onion powder, and ground black pepper.
- Place 1 cup of the tater tots onto the bottom of a greased 3-cup baking dish. Layer the beef mixture on top of the tater tots. Layer the remaining cheese and tater tots on top of the ground beef mixture. Place into the oven and bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
Adapted from Taste of Home.