Crab Cake Sliders Recipe
If you love crab cakes you are sure to enjoy these sliders. These little sandwiches are loaded with homemade crab cakes, spicy aioli and romaine lettuce. The crab gets get a lot of flavor from ingredients such as lemon juice, old bay seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. There is a good chance you already have several of the ingredients for this recipe on hand. The spicy aioli is a simple combination of mayonnaise, lime juice, sriracha and parsley. This recipe will make about 8 sliders but you can easily double it to feed more people if desired. Enjoy.
Crab Cake Sliders
Yield: 4 Servings
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1lb lump crab meat
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 package slider buns (or dinner rolls)
- butter (for spreading)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- In a large bowl combine eggs, mayonnaise, Dijon, pepper, baking powder, lemon juice, old bay seasoning, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and ½ cup parsley. Mix well with a spoon and then mix in the crab meat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, lime juice, sriracha and 1 tablespoon parsley. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Remove the crab cake mixture from the refrigerator. Using your hands, form the mixture into small patties so that you have about 8 patties.
- Split the hamburger buns. Spread a thin layer of butter onto the cut sides of each bun. Place butter side down into a large skillet over medium heat and toast until golden brown on the bottom.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the crab cakes and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Place some romaine lettuce onto the top of the bottom half of each bun. Top with a crab cake. Spread some of the spicy aioli onto the bottom of the top half of each bun. Place the top bun onto the slider, aioli side down.
Adapted from A Zesty Bite.