Crab Rangoon Dip Recipe
This crab Rangoon dip makes a great recipe to serve for the Super Bowl. The process to preparing this dip is very easy… all of the dip ingredients are mixed in a bowl and then placed into a baking dish, topped with cheese and then baked. The dip gets a lot of its flavor from cream cheese, lemon juice and crab. If you would prefer you can use imitation crab instead of the canned crab meat, which is what I did. This dip is also served with homemade won ton chips. The chips are simply won ton wrappers that are cut into triangles and get baked in the oven for a few minutes. Enjoy.
Crab Rangoon Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 2 (6 oz) cans crab meat (drained)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cut the wonton wrappers diagonally and then cut again so you have 4 triangles from each wrapper. Spray with cooking spray and then spread the chips onto a baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place into the oven and bake for 7 to 8 minutes or until brown and crispy. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, parmesan cheese, crab meat, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons green onions, garlic, and ground black pepper. Spread the mixture into a baking dish and top with the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until hot and bubbly. Garnish with remaining green onions and serve with won ton chips.
Adapted from Spend with Pennies.