French Onion Chicken Casserole Recipe
Even during the warmer months I will still prepare casseroles. This French onion chicken casserole makes a delicious dinner. What I like about this casserole is how easy it is to prepare. You can use the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken for this recipe, or cook your own chicken breasts or even use leftover cooked chicken. This casserole consists of egg noodles mixed with cream of chicken soup, cooked chicken, French onion dip and cheddar cheese. The casserole is then topped off with French fried onions. I also like to top the casserole off with additional cheddar cheese. Enjoy.
French Onion Chicken Casserole
Yield: 6 Servings
- 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container French onion dip
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup crushed French fried onions
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the chopped cooked chicken, cream of chicken soup, French onion dip and cheese. Mix well. Stir in the cooked egg noodles. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Top with crushed French fried onions.
- Place into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, until heated through.