Guacamole Chicken Burgers Recipe
Guacamole chicken burgers go great on the grill or in a frying pan. The chicken burgers have sort of a taco flavor to them, are topped with cheddar cheese, cilantro and guacamole. A lot of the flavor in the chicken burgers comes from cilantro, garlic, lime juice, paprika and cumin. The shredded cheddar cheese is an important ingredient and helps to keep the burgers from becoming dry. For the guacamole, you can save time by buying it premade from the store. I love to make my own though because it tastes so much better. This is a great recipe for summer and if you want a try a burger that is a little different. Enjoy.
Guacamole Chicken Burgers
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 ripe avocadoes (peeled and pitted)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2lbs ground chicken
- ½ cup minced yellow onion
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
- ½ lime (juiced)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger buns (split and toasted)
- 4 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- To make the guacamole—in a medium bowl mash the avocados. Squeeze in or add the lime juice. Season with salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, and garlic. Mix in cayenne pepper. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a bowl combine ground chicken, 1/3 cup cilantro, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic, jalapeno pepper, juice of ½ lime, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Shape into 4 patties.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Add the chicken burgers and cook until the bottom is browned (about 3-4 minutes). Flip the burgers and cook on the other side until browned on the bottom and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). During the last few minutes of cooking, top each patty with a slice of cheddar cheese and cook until the cheese has melted. Remove from the grill.
- Place burger onto the toasted buns and top with guacamole and cilantro.