Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
Here is a recipe for lemon pepper chicken wings just like you would find at your favorite restaurant. The process to preparing these wings is simple—the wings are first fried and then tossed with a lemon-pepper sauce. The lemon pepper sauce gets a lot of its flavor from lemon juice, butter, and lemon pepper. You can adjust the amount of lemon pepper in the sauce to your taste or you can even sprinkle the lemon pepper on the wings after they are coated with the sauce. I decided to go with boneless wings but this recipe can also be prepared using bone-in chicken wings. If you are using the bone-in chicken wings, you might want to go a little lighter on the breading, such as only tossing the wings in flour before frying. It is important to let the wings set in the refrigerator to all the coating to stick to them—this will make the wings crispier when they are done frying. These chicken wings make a great appetizer for football parties. Enjoy.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into ½” pieces)
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup milk
- oil (for frying)
Lemon Pepper Sauce-
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- lemon pepper (to taste)
- The juice of ½ lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl combine flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk.
- Dip each piece of chicken first into the egg mixture, then roll in the flour mixture. Repeat this process one time to that the chicken is double coated. Refrigerate the breaded chicken for 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F. Deep-fry the chicken in batches until golden brown and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.), about 5-6 minutes per batch. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, melted butter, lemon pepper, lemon juice and garlic powder. Pour the sauce over the cooked boneless wings and toss to coat.
Adapted from UncommonCensor.