Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Recipe
This is a copycat recipe for the chicken and gnocchi soup at Olive Garden. This is my favorite soup to get every time I go to Olive Garden and I love to eat it with breadsticks. This soup consists of ingredients such as cooked chicken, potato gnocchi, chicken broth and half and half. A lot of the flavor comes from celery, carrot, onion, garlic, and thyme. This soup takes a little time to prepare because a lot of the ingredients need to be chopped. Enjoy.
Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocchi Soup
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1⁄2 onion, (diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 carrot (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 to 4 chicken breast (cooked and diced)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt (to taste)
- 1 black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 16 oz potato gnocchi
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cups fresh spinach (chopped)
- In a large deep pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, garlic and carrot and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add the chopped cooked chicken, chicken stock, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring to a boil. Add the gnocchi. Gently boil for 4 minutes, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the half and half and spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the spinach is wilted.