Olive Garden Shrimp Alfredo Recipe
This is a delicious copycat recipe for the shrimp alfredo from Olive Garden restaurant. Shrimp alfredo consists of fettucinni topped with homemade alfredo sauce and sautéed shrimp. The sauce gets a lot of flavor from ingredients such as heavy cream, parmesan cheese, Italian cheese blend, and garlic. The shrimp are sauteed in a little olive oil and then later mixed into the alfredo sauce for serving. I like to serve this recipe with garlic bread. Enjoy.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1lb raw medium shrimp (peeled, deveined with tails removed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1lb fettuccini noodles
- Cook the fettuccini noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large deep skillet. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp have turned pink and are fully cooked (make sure to not overcook the shrimp). Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Stir in the flour and cook for a couple of minutes. Whisk in the milk and heavy cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer while stirring until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan and Italian cheese blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp into the sauce and serve over the cooked fettuccini noodles.