Pretzel Chicken Bites Recipe
These pretzel chicken bites make a great appetizer or dinner. The chicken is cut into small chunks and then coated first in flour, then dipped in egg and then rolled in crushed pretzels. The best part about this recipe, the chicken is baked and not fried! The pretzels may be a little difficult to crush. A good option would be to crush them with a rolling pin. You can also use a food processor or blender to break them up into fine chunks. I used the blender to crush them but I made sure not too blend too much because I wanted some pieces of pretzel left and not just fine crumbs. These chicken bites go great served with honey-mustard dipping sauce. Enjoy.
Pretzel Chicken Bites
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch chunks)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups finely crushed pretzels
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate combine flour, salt and pepper. In a separate dish, whisk the eggs until beaten. In a third dish add the crushed pretzels. Roll the chicken pieces first in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg and then roll in the crushed pretzels until coated. Place onto the baking sheet.
- Place into the oven and bake the chicken for about 15 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).
- Serve with honey mustard for dipping.