Roast Garlic Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs get a lot of delicious flavor from roast garlic. Two different types of meat are used in this recipe, beef and pork. The meat is mixed together with ingredients such as roast garlic, onion, rosemary and Worcestershire sauce, as well as common meatball ingredients such as breadcrumbs and egg. Roasting the garlic does take a little bit of time but these meatballs are very easy to prepare. I like to serve them with wild rice but mashed potatoes would be a good option as well. Enjoy.
Roast Garlic Meatballs
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground pork
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ medium yellow onion (finely minced)
- 1 medium bulb of garlic
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Ground black pepper
- 4-5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 6 raw garlic cloves
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. To roast the garlic—peel the loose skin off of the garlic bulb and cut off the tip of the garlic cloves while they are still in the bulb. Brush the bulb with a little bit of olive oil and wrap it in aluminum foil. Place the wrapped garlic onto a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove the garlic from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Grease a casserole dish with aluminum foil. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl combine ground beef, ground pork, egg, breadcrumbs, minced onion, minced rosemary, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Peel the roasted garlic and take out the cloves. Add them to the bowl with the other meatball ingredients. Mix until until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated. Roll the mixture into 1.5 inch meatballs and place them into the casserole dish.
- Place individual raw garlic cloves between the meatballs and rosemary sprigs on top. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes. Take off the foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.).
Adapted from Will Cook for Smiles.