Shrimp with Garlic Sauce Recipe
Shrimp with garlic sauce is a recipe that uses common Chinese ingredients to create a delicious meal that is both sweet and spicy. Most of the heat comes from the chili sauce and the sweetness comes from the sugar. This dish is so easy to prepare, the shrimp are stir-fried and then mixed with the sauce ingredients. If you want you could add some vegetables to the stir-fry such as broccoli. You can either choose to remove the shrimp tails or leave them on. You will want to use shrimp for this recipe that are already peeled and deveined. Shrimp with garlic sauce goes great served with egg rolls and fried rice. Enjoy.
Shrimp with Garlic Sauce
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 ½ lbs uncooked large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese rice wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 green onion (thinly sliced)
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, chili sauce, sesame oil, rice wine, and sugar. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok or large fry-pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Add the shrimp and cook until both sides are pink (about 2 minutes per side). Pour in the sauce mixture and stir so that the shrimp is fully coated. Season with ground black pepper.
- Remove from the heat and garnish green chopped green onions.
Adapted from Appetite for China.