Steak and Egg Wraps Recipe
These steak and egg wraps are very simple but yet delicious. This recipe consists of sliced steak, scrambled eggs, gruyere cheese, and caramelized onions rolled up in a sun-dried tomato tortilla. There is a dipping sauce that is a simple combination of sour cream and hot sauce. The dipping sauce is optional and I chose to not prepare it myself. Once the wraps are rolled up they are fried in a pan to add a little crunch and additional flavor. Enjoy.
Steak and Egg Wraps
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 (8 ounce) New York Strip steaks
- 6 large eggs
- Four (12-inch) sun-dried tomato tortillas
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- vegetable oil (for brushing)
- In a small bowl mix together sour cream and hot sauce. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook while stirring occasionally until deep brown and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the steak on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook the steaks until super caramelized, about 5-6 minutes per side or until the steak has reached your desired doneness. Rest the meat for 10 minutes.
- While the steak are cooking, whisk the eggs and a little bit of salt and pepper in a bowl. Scramble the eggs in a large non-stick skillet until slightly firm. Set aside.
- Thinly slice the steaks, removing any large pieces of fat. Lay out a tortilla onto a flat surface. Sprinkle with a layer of gruyere cheese, add on some slices steak, scrambled eggs, and caramelized onions. Roll up into a burrito and brush with a little bit of vegetable oil. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium heat. Add the wraps and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side or until browned on the bottom, flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Serve with prepare dipping sauce.
Adapted from the Food Network.