Steak Pizza Recipe
If you like pizza and are looking for something different, this might be just what you need. Chances are you’ve probably tried pizzas such the steak fanatic, or the Philly cheese steak at Dominos and this is very similar. Most often these pizzas can be hard to find or discontinued all together, but have no fear because I have the perfect recipe to make your own steak pizza from the comfort of your home. A few years back I tried the steak fanatic pizza from Dominos and thought it was just great. Unfortunately about 3 months later they took it off their menu, and soon after I began searching the internet for a recipe for a similar pizza and was successful. What separates this from a traditional Italian pizza is the sauce. We are replacing tomato sauce with beef gravy to make a tasty topping of steak, gravy, onions and mushrooms. For the crust you could either buy a mix from the store or make your own. Let me know what you think.
Steak Pizza Recipe
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 regular pizza crust (store bought or homemade)
- 1 bag Provolone cheese
- White American cheese
- ½ lb steak
- 1 small can Campbell’s beef gravy
- ½ cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ½ large onion (sliced)
- 1 8oz can sliced mushrooms (or fresh)
- Prepare your pizza crust. Do not cook just yet.
- Slice steak as thinly as possible into strips. Add strips to your pan and brown them. Now deglaze the pan with ½ cup of water, add 1/8 teaspoon of salt and simmer until there’s just enough liquid to coat the meat. Scrape the brown residue off the bottom of the pan and toss the meat with it. In a separate pan sauté mushrooms and onions as needed.
- Line your pizza crust with a thin layer of white American cheese and top with a thin layer of Campbell’s beef gravy.
- Bake pizza crust until it’s almost done. Take out of the oven and pile with steak, mushrooms, onions, and provolone cheese. Put back in the oven and finish cooking.