Sweet Thai Wing Sauce Recipe
Here is a recipe for a sweet Thai wing sauce. This wing sauce has both the flavors of sweet and sour and tastes absolutely amazing. You can use this sauce on either bone-in or boneless chicken wings. It is also great to dip chicken nuggets in. The sauce gets a lot of its flavor from Thai chili sauce and ingredients such as rice vinegar, peanut butter, and ginger. The fresh cilantro that is mixed into the sauce when it is done cooking really adds a nice flavor. The sauce is fully prepared on the stovetop and can be served immediately. If you need a good wing breading recipe, you can use the breading from my post on How to Make Boneless Chicken Wings. This is a great recipe to prepare for the upcoming Super Bowl. Enjoy.
Sweet Thai Wing Sauce
- 1 cup sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- ½ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (grated)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon of cold water
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- In a medium saucepan combine sweet Thai chili sauce, soy sauce, dark brown sugar, peanut butter, tomato paste, apple juice, rice vinegar, lime juice, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper and ground black pepper. Bring the sauce to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in the cornstarch and water mixture and cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Toss with cooked boneless or bone-in chicken wings.
Adapted from Half Baked Harvest.