Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
You no longer need to go to Taco Bell to get the Crunchwrap Supreme because now you can easily make one at home with this recipe. If you are unfamiliar with this popular Taco Bell item—the crunchwrap supreme consists of a flour tortilla wrapped around taco meat, cheese, a tostada shell, sour cream, lettuce and tomato. The hardest part about this recipe is wrapping the tortilla around all of the ingredients. Unless you can find king-size tortillas you are going to need a piece of another tortilla to fully cover the top of the crunchwrap. There are a lot of different ways you can alter this recipe—basically any ingredients that you enjoy on tacos can go inside the crunchwrap. Some good options are refried beans, black olives, and salsa. Enjoy.
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme
Yield: 6 Servings
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 6 large flour tortillas (king size if you can find them)
- 6 tostada shells
- 1 jar queso cheese dip (or nacho cheese)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- cooking spray
- In a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Drain off any excess grease. Add taco seasoning and water and cook according to the packet directions on the taco seasoning.
- In a small pan warm the nacho cheese sauce over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally. You can also warm it in a microwave safe dish. Place the tortillas onto a microwave safe plate, top with a moistened paper towel. Microwave for about 30 seconds to warm the tortillas.
- Lay out a tortilla onto a flat surface. Spread a layer of taco meat that is about the size of a tostada shell onto the center of the tortilla. Top with some of the queso cheese sauce. Place the tostada shell over the sauce. Spread a thin layer of sour cream over the tostada shell. Top with some lettuce, diced tomato, and a layer of the shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- To fold the tortilla, start with the bottom of the tortilla and fold the edge to the center. Continue folding using this method going all the way around the tortilla in a clockwise or counter clockwise direction. Fold until the tortilla is completely folded over. If you are not using king size-tortillas and there is a spot open in the middle-- simply cut a circular piece off of another tortilla and place it over the spot on top and refold the crunchwrap so that it is fully covered.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray. Heat the skillet to medium-low heat. Place the crunchwrap seam-side down into the skillet and cook until it is browned on the bottom. Flip the crunchwrap over and cook until it is browned on the other side. Repeat this process until all of the crunchwraps are wrapped and cooked.