Walking Taco Casserole Recipe
This walking taco casserole combines your favorite ingredients from a walking taco into a delicious casserole. Taco meat is layered in a baking dish with Frito chips, cheddar cheese soup and shredded Mexican cheese blend. Once the casserole has finished baking, it is topped off with lettuce and tomato. If you want to add some beans to this dish, you can mix refried beans or black beans right in with the ground beef mixture. You can serve this recipe with sour cream and salsa if you would like. Enjoy.
Walking Taco Casserole
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- Frito chips
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- ½ cup milk
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend
- diced tomato
- shredded lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees F. Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Stir in the taco seasoning and water and cook until the mixture has thickened.
- In a small saucepan combine the cheddar cheese soup and milk. Cook over medium heat while stirring until well combined and heated through.
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9 x 9 inch baking dish. Place a layer of Fritos onto the bottom of the baking dish. Place the taco meat on top of the Fritos. Pour the prepared cheddar cheese soup over the taco meat. Top with an additional layer of Fritos. Top with shredded Mexican cheese blend.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 Degrees F. for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with lettuce and tomato.
Adapted from Goodness Gracious.