Asian chicken with pasta makes a great dinner that requires no side-dish but of course, you can serve it with egg rolls, fried rice or anything that you like. What is great about this recipe is that it uses boneless chicken thighs instead of breasts. The boneless thighs can be cooked for longer in the wok without becoming dry. The chicken is marinated in ingredients such as soy sauce and oyster sauce and then stir-fried in the pan. The noodles are cooked right in the wok and then mixed with cabbage, carrots, and oyster and soy sauce for even more flavor. Instead of chow mein noodles you can use pre-cooked stir-fry noodles if you want find them. Enjoy.
- 1/2lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 10 ounces chow mein noodles
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sliced green onion
- sesame seeds
- ½ tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of rice wine
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Rinse the fresh egg noodles with cold water, drain the excess water and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine ½ tablespoon soy sauce, 1 teaspoon oyster sauce, Worcestershire sauce, wine, white pepper, sugar, and sesame oil.
- Add the chicken and allow the chicken to sit in the marinade for 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the peanut oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken into the pan and stir-fry until slightly charred and blackened on both sides and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Remove the chicken from the wok and transfer to a bowl.
- Clean the wok and heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add in minced garlic and stir-fry until light brown. Add the shredded cabbage and carrot and stir a few times. Stir in the noodles, soy sauce, oyster sauce, and water.
- Continue to cook until the noodles are well blended with the seasonings and cooked through. Top the noodles with the chicken and garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds.