Bananas foster french toast is a delicious alternative to your classic french toast. What makes this recipe special is the sauce that is prepared. The sauce is delicious and gets a lot of flavor from butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract. The sauce is prepared on the stovetop and simmered with sliced bananas. The french toast is prepared with basic ingredients such as cinnamon, milk, and eggs. I like to prepare the french toast on a griddle so I can cook several at once but a pan is fine as well. You can top this french toast with whipped cream if desired. Enjoy.
- French Toast-
- 10 slices texas toast
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Bananas Foster-
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- In a large bowl mix together whipping cream, eggs, 1/2 tablespoon cinammon, 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract, sugar, and salt.
- dip each bread slice into the mixture and then turn it over to coat the other side.
- Melt a little butter in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the toast, one side at a time until golden brown. Set aside.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and mix well. Let simmer for one minute. Add the heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, bananas and stir well. Continue cooking for about 3 minutes.
- Serve the sauce on top of the french toast. Top with whipped cream if desired.