The mouth-watering cheesecake is a dessert that has millions drooling over its yum taste. It might be said to have been originated in New York, but the recipe is around 4,000 years old and the Greeks have the credit of coming up with a recipe.
Famous Grecian writer Athenaeus is credited for having written the first Greek cheesecake recipe, back in 230 A.D. After Greece was taken over by Rome they added some more ingredients and recreated the dish according to their taste. It was only in the 18th century that cheesecake actually began to look like the modern cheesecake we eat.
There are different variations of cheesecake that chefs and cooking enthusiasts have created, but the original cheesecake recipe always remains an outstanding delicacy. Here is a recipe of cheesecake that is easy to prepare and tastes delicious.
For the crust
- 1 ¼ cup of graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp. of unsalted melted butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
For the Cheesecake
- 5 8oz packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp. of salt
For the Berry Topping
- ¾ of a cup of raspberry preserves
- Fresh berries of your choice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Use aluminum foil to line the outer of your baking pan preferably 10 by 3-inch springform Use a non-stick cooking spray in the pan and keep it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the crust. It will form a crumbly mixture. Put this coarse crust mixture in the prepared baking pan and press it down with your hands or just use a small bowl or a container to set it down to form an even layer. Bake it for 8 minutes and set aside.
- Fit the standing mixer with the whisk attachment and put in all the ingredients for the cheesecake in the bowl. Run the mixer for one minute till everything is combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on the baked crust.
- Put it in the pre-heated oven and bake it for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Let the cake cool until it comes down to room temperature and then let it sit in the fridge overnight.
- Next day, prepare the topping for the cheesecake. In a small pan, add the raspberry preserve and heat it just enough so it can be spread over the cheesecake easily.
- Load the fresh berries over the raspberry layer and you are done!
This cake will come out perfect and look professional if you follow the steps as it is mentioned.