If you have a craving for a delicious Mexican style casserole why not give this chicken tamale bake a try. Homemade cornbread is topped with enchilada sauce and shredded chicken and then loaded with cheese. You can use the meat from a rotisserie chicken to save a good amount of time. You will certainly want to top this casserole off with anything that you like on taco dishes such as sour cream, salsa, lettuce, tomato, and olives. Enjoy.
- 1 (8.5 ounces) package corn muffin mix
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- 1 1/2 cups enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- Optional toppings-
- shredde lettuce
- diced tomato
- sour cream
- sliced black olives
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the corn muffin mix, cream-style corn, eggs, milk, chili powder, cumin and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir till well combined and then pour into the baking dish. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and use a knife to pierce the cornbread in several places all over. Pour the enchilada sauce over the top of the casserole. Top with shredded chicken and the remaining Mexican cheese blend. Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then slice and serve with toppings.