This cheering and a substantial recipe for Chili recipe is a great family meal and it can be served to family or friends for casual get together. Chilli is especially good for colder months and you can use it as comfort food.
The Chili recipe is bursting with flavor and quite easy to prepare. Chili is such a delicious, simple and classic dish that you might want to use it on whatever occasion.
The best part is that its ingredients are most commonly used and can be found in most of the kitchens. Furthermore, do not forget how wonderful it looks and smells as it simmers on the cooktop gas.
The chili recipe is a spiced up stew that contains chili peppers, meat (generally beef), and every so often tomatoes and beans. Other flavorings could include cumin, garlic, and onions.
Terrestrial and individual tastes might contain different types of meat and ingredients. The more time you take to cook this chili recipe, the better it would taste. So it is recommended to cook it low and slow.
The slow cooking means the beef would have a very tender feel and it might be your best chili ever.
- Ground beef 2 lbs.
- Green bell pepper 1/4 cup
- Red bell pepper 1/4 cup
- Onion 1
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Celery 2 stalks
- Diced tomatoes 1–14.5oz can
- Tomato paste 1–6oz
- Beef broth 1 cup
- Jalapeno pepper 1
- Chili beans 1–15oz can
- Kidney beans 1–15oz can
- Chili powder 1 tbsp.
- Oregano 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin 1 tsp.
- Salt 2–1/2 tsp.
- Black pepper 2–1/2 tsp.
- Olive oil as required
- Take a frying pan and season the ground beef with salt and black pepper. Then cook and stir it over medium heat for at least 6 minutes until it is brown. Adding salt and pepper before browning would allow the flavors to develop as beef heats.
- Once the beef is brown, drain the fat and set the brown ground beef aside for later use. When you are browning the beef, do not overcrowd the pan as it can stop the beef from browning properly.
- Now take a separate pan and add the olive oil and fry the onion, red pepper, green pepper, jalapeno and celery for at least 5 minutes.
- After that add the beef, diced tomatoes, beef broth, and tomato paste in the pan.
- Then add garlic, oregano, cumin, chili powder, salt (as per taste), black pepper and mix it well.
- Finally, add the chili beans and kidney beans in the pan, mix it well again, and then cover it to cook on low heat for at least 2 hours. Also, do not forget to keep stirring in between the cooking.
- After it is done, remove it from the heat and serve it hot with a variety of toppings like shredded cheese and sour cream. A lot like a stew, Chili would taste well the following day as well. Hence this is the perfect dish to make a day before and reheat the next day.