- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3-4lb) chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 chipotle peppers (from a can, packed n adobo sauce)
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from the chipotle pepper can)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- Trim the roast of any visible fat and slice the roast into 8 chunks.
- Season the roast on all sides with 1 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor combine vinegar, garlic, cumin, oregano, black pepper, ground cloves, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, chicken broth, and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add the oil. Add the beef and cook on all sides until browned. Place the browned beef into the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour the sauce over the top of the roast. Add bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on high for 5-6 hours or (8 hours on low).
- Once the roast has finished cooking, shred the roast using two works. Stir to completely coat the beef with the sauce. Cover and cook for 1 more hour.