Crack chicken tacos consist of breaded chicken coated with a sauce and then served on a tortilla with shredded cabbage, cilantro and ranch dressing. The chicken is coated with breadcrumbs and then baked in the oven. The sauce is a combination of BBQ sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic powder. You can use whatever type of ranch dressing you want for this recipe. Enjoy.
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 2-inch chunks)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 3 large eggs (beaten)
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 Small flour tortillas
- 1/2 head green cabbage (shredded)
- Ranch dressing (for drizzling)
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. In a large sealable plastic bag combine the chicken and flour. Shake until the chicken is fully coated.
- In a bowl or shallow pie dish add the panko breadcrumbs. In another bowl whisk the eggs and 2 tablespoons of water. Dip the floured chicken into the egg mixture and then roll in the panko until well coated. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown and crispy (20 to 25 minutes).
- In a small saucepan over low heat, warm the bbq sauce, brown sugar, lime juice, and garlic powder. Coat the cooked chicken with the sauce.
- Serve the chicken on tortillas with cabbage and dazzle with ranch. Garnish with cilantro.