If you are looking for a quick and delicious Mexican casserole dish, this Dorito chicken casserole is the perfect meal for you. The most work is involved in this casserole is cooking and shredding the chicken. If you have leftover chicken, this recipe would be a great way to use that up. If you do not, you can cook the chicken any way you like—in the oven, on the stove top, or on the grill. If you want to save time you could also get a cooked rotisserie chicken from the store and shred it. The process of making this delicious casserole is simple—all of the chicken mixture ingredients are mixed in a bowl and then layered in a casserole dish with crushed Doritos and topped with cheese. After the dish has baked you can top with additional ingredients such as lettuce and tomato if you choose. This Dorito chicken casserole makes a perfect dinner for any night of the week. Enjoy. Adapted from Jam Hands.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (divided)
- 1 (10 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 can Ro-tel tomatoes (drained)
- ½ packet taco seasoning
- 1 large bag Doritos
- Shredded lettuce (optional)
- diced tomato (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl mix together shredded chicken, 1 cup of cheese, cream of chicken soup, milk, sour cream, Ro-tel tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Mix well.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish, and add a layer of crushed Doritos across the bottom. Top with a layer of the chicken mixture. Add another layer of crushed Doritos, and then add another layer of the chicken mixture. Top with remaining cheese. You can add more crushed Doritos on top as well if you wish.
- Cover and place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-25 minutes until bubbling hot. Remove from the oven and top with lettuce and tomato if you choose.