I don’t know about you but I love the taste of grilled fish, which brings us to tonight’s recipe of grilled salmon with Maitre D’ Hotel sauce. This is actually a combination of two recipes I came across last summer. With your typical Maitre D’ Hotel sauce the fillets would be breaded and then dipped in the sauce, but instead we are brushing the fillets in the sauce and putting them on the grill. The best part is there’s a good chance you have all the ingredients in your home to make the sauce. This recipe could be made with many different types of fish such as Bass or trout. This is a fast and easy fish recipe that everyone is sure to enjoy.
- 24 ounces catfish fillets or 24 ounces other mild fish
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finely chopped or 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped, about 1 Tbsp
- 3 green onions, chopped, green and white parts
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, adjust to taste
- Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, vegetable oil, ginger, garlic, green onions, minced onion, paprika, and cayenne pepper and stir to mix well.
- Place fish in a zipper seal bag and pour liquid mixture over it. Seal and marinate in the refrigerate for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Oil grill grate or fish basket really well and preheat grill to medium-high. Grill fish for 4 minutes on each side. Flip the fish only once and brush with reserved marinade when flipped.
Fish is completely cooked when the color turns from translucent to opaque (white) or has reached a 150 degree F internal temperature. Resist the temptation to over-cook fish until it “flakes,” which indicates the fish is becoming dry.