- One whole turkey, 24 pounds, thawed
- Butter, melted
- Remove truss from turkey if any and clean out the giblets- you’ll need them for gravy later. Then, rinse the bird under running water and blot the excess moisture with paper towels.
- Generously rub butter all over the bird and place it in a roasting pan with the breast side up. Then, stick a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the turkey and place the pan in the oven.
- Roast the bird at 350F until the internal temperature hits 160F on the meat thermometer. If the thighs remain pink after the allotted cooking time, shield the breast with foil and return the bird to the oven. Then, bake at 450F until the thighs are cooked through.
- Bring the bird out and let it sit at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes. Then, carve and serve as desired.
More tips can be watched here.