- 24 slices of turkey bacon
- black pepper, if preferred
- Set your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper in a single layer (big enough to handle all of the bacon you want to fry).
- Place the bacon in the oven and let it cook for 10 minutes.
If you want floppy turkey bacon slices:
- Take the turkey bacon out of the oven. Place turkey bacon pieces on a plate coated in paper towels to absorb any bacon oil with tongs. Enjoy your meal!
If you want crispier turkey bacon slices:
- Slide-out the oven rack carefully and flip slices over (using tongs), then return the rack to the oven to bake for an additional 5 minutes or until desired crispiness is achieved.
Keep an eye on the bacon slices to ensure they don’t overcook and burn. Also, while baking in the oven, the bacon will be crispier than it appears. Before deciding to cook it longer, you could wish to pick a piece out to test it.
For this recipe, take note of the following:
- Remember that turkey bacon has a thinner cut than conventional pork bacon slices, thus it takes less time to cook.
- Turkey bacon can also be cooked in the microwave, in a frying pan, or even in an air fryer.
- Turkey bacon slices can be a healthier substitute for pork belly slices.
- For added taste, sprinkle black pepper on top of bacon slices before baking.
This recipe takes a total of 14 minutes to prepare, including a prep time of 2 minutes and a cook time of 12 minutes. If you’d like to find out more ways to cook turkey bacon, check out this video recipe.