- 1 ½ pound of London Broil (flank steak)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients for marinating the meat in a small-sized bowl.
- Place the meat in a shallow dish or a large plastic bag that can be resealed.
- Add the marinade and seal the bag as tightly as possible to remove as much air as possible. Alternatively, brush the marinade over the steak and wrap it in plastic wrap.
- Marinate for up to 8 to 12 hours or 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat up the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (200 degrees Celsius).
- Heat cooking oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high temperature
- Using paper towels, carefully pat the steak dry after removing it from the marinade.
- Cook the steaks in the skillet for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your preference.
- Remove the meat from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes, tented with aluminum foil. Cut the meat across the grain, making sure to slice it thinly.
This entire recipe was made in 1 hour and 15 minutes, with 5 minutes prep time, 1 hour for marinating the steak, and a cooking time of 10 minutes. If you need more recipe ideas to help make a delicious London broil roast, then check out this video recipe.