- One pound green beans, washed and trimmed
- Two teaspoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Set the oven to heat up at 425F, and while you wait, layer the baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pat the green beans dry and arrange them on the lined baking pan. Drizzle the olive oil and add salt and pepper. Toss the beans with your hands until the seasonings and oil thoroughly coat the pods, and rearrange them in one layer.
- Slide the bean-filled pan into the oven and leave it to cook for 15 to 16 minutes until the beans are tender and crisp. You’ll also notice a few caramelized spots on the pods.
- Move the roasted green beans into a serving bowl and add any garnish or toppings you desire. Serve as an entrée or as a side dish with any dipping sauce you prefer.
For more on oven-cooked green beans, take a peek at this video recipe.