Everyone loves comfort food and what could be better than the visions of biscuits and gravy floating through your head. The lasagna recipe is absolutely the best recipe, quite easy to make, covered with the most delicious flavors, and amazingly cozy and comforting for the food lovers.
The generous layers of lasagne with sauce, cheese, and other ingredients provide a sensory feeling like no other food. Lasagna is a food of Italian origin and you can’t really go wrong with this Lasagna recipe. Along with being comfort food, lasagna is also helpful in reducing stress.
With every bite, your mouth will experience a burst of flavors because there are a variety of cheeses and spices in this lasagna recipe. This is the reason why it is so widely held and why it is perfect and one of the most delicious meals for so many celebratory occasions.
- Sweet Italian sausage 1 lbs.
- Lean ground beef 1 lbs.
- Onion 1 (Large and finely cut)
- Garlic cloves 5 (crushed)
- Canned tomatoes (crushed) 1 can (28 oz)
- Tomato paste 2 (6 oz can)
- Tomato sauce 1 (15 oz can)
- Chicken broth 1/2 cup
- White sugar 2 tbsp.
- Chopped fresh basil 1/2 cup
- Fennel seeds 1 tsp.
- Ground oregano 1 tsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Ground black pepper 1/4 tsp.
- Chopped fresh parsley 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp. (separately)
- Lasagna noodles 1 lb.
- Ricotta cheese 30 oz
- Egg 1 large
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Ground nutmeg 1/8 tsp.
- Deli-sliced mozzarella cheese 1 lbs.
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese 1 cup
- Take a large pot and put it on a gas cooktop over medium heat. Then add ground sausage and ground beef in it. Then take a spoon and break the meat into smaller pieces.
- Now add the onion and garlic in it. Continue to stir and cook until the meat has turned a nice brown.
- Now add the sugar, fresh basil, oregano, salt, pepper, fennel, and ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley. Then add the crushed canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and chicken broth in it.
- Now stir it well, and let it simmer. Now reduce the heat to low and let the whole thing in the pot simmer for 1 to 4 hours, while stirring from time to time until the meat sauce is ready.
- Now take a pan and place lasagna noodles into it. Then pour the hot water over the noodles and make sure that the noodles are completely immersed in the water. Soak the noodles in hot water for 30 minutes and then drain the water.
- Now take a bowl and put Ricotta cheese, egg, remaining 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, salt, and nutmeg into it and mix it well. Then put the Ricotta cheese mixture into the refrigerator and left there until you need to add it to the remaining recipe.
- Now preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Then take a large deep pan and grease it lightly.
- Now it’s time to layer up the lasagne. First spread around 1 cup of meat sauce in the bottom of the pan. Then place 4 noodles on top of it.
- Now spread the 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture over it. Then put the 1/4 of mozzarella cheese slices over the ricotta cheese mixture. That would make the first layer.
- Repeat the same process two more times to create three complete layers. To complete the layering, place one final layer of noodles, then top it with 1 cup of meat sauce and then add the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over it.
- Then cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes. Then remove the foil, and bake the lasagne for another 25 minutes so that the cheese would turn brown. Now serve the hot and delicious lasagne.