Are these the best peanut butter brownies ever? I’ll let you decide. I have tried a lot of different brownie recipes but peanut butter is a first. These were so rich, moist and delicious… I could eat them all day. These brownies are stacked. The chocolate brownie bottom is topped off with a peanut butter frosting but that’s not all, the peanut butter frosting is topped off with a chocolate glaze. You can drizzle the glaze over the frosting but I tripled the glaze amount and lightly spread it over the top completely. These can be a little expensive compared to most brownies but overall, the price isn’t bad. Chances are you probably have quite a few ingredients already (if you enjoy baking). It is important not the over bake the brownies otherwise they will not be as moist. I left mine in the oven for about 20 minutes. Enjoy.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of sugar
- ½ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ ounce semisweet chocolate
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter (softened)
- 2–3 tablespoons cream
- 1-ounce semisweet baking chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter (or margarine)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a small saucepan melt semisweet and unsweetened chocolates and butter over low heat. Cook until mixture is smooth. Set aside and allow the mixture to slightly cool.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy and pale colored. Mix in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Add flour, salt, and melted chocolate mixture. Stir to mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13” baking dish. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes (do not overbake).
- You will want to bake into a toothpick comes out almost clean (the toothpick should come out with some crumbs on it).
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool.
While cooling, to make the frosting- In a mixing bowl add peanut butter and butter and beat until combined and smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time). The mixture will become crumbly.
- Blend in cream until the mixture is fluffy and has reached your desired spreading consistency. Evenly spread and chill until firm.
To make the glaze- melt semisweet baking chocolate and butter in a saucepan until smooth. Drizzle over the brownies. Allow the brownies to chill for a while before cutting.