Its spring time again and you know what that means, grilling season is upon us. Over the next few months, I will be posting a few burger recipes, starting with this recipe for southwest burgers. These were some of the best tasting burgers I have had in a while. The many different components come together almost flawlessly for a near perfect burger. If you enjoy tacos, you will surely enjoy this burger. You can adjust the amount of heat by using mild, medium or hot salsa. I don’t like an extreme amount of heat so I went with the mild. The sauce, which is a combination or guacamole and sour cream, just really tops this burger off nicely flavor wise. This recipe calls for buffalo burger but if you can’t find it, ground beef will work as well. Like most burger recipes, this is great if you are looking to prepare a quick meal. Enjoy.
- 1lb buffalo burger (or ground beef)
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup salsa
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup guacamole
- 3 slices jalapeno jack cheese
- 1 small can green chilies (diced)
- lettuce (shredded)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- French fried onions
- Hamburger Buns
- In a large bowl mix together burger, taco seasoning and salsa. Shape mixture into 3 patties. Grill burgers on medium heat on a grill for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix sour cream and guacamole. Top burgers with cheese and grill until the cheese has melted.
- Remove burgers from the grill. To assemble – put the burger on a bun. Top with green chilies, tomato, French fried onions, and lettuce.
- Spread sour cream/guacamole mixture on the bottom of the top part of the bun.