The sugar cookie is one of the most convenient and charming treats that have been a part of tea times and several celebratory times for generations. While it might seem a little lackluster when compared to chocolate chip cookie, the sugar cookie has been around for a long time and has a distinguished presence.
If you are a cookie enthusiast, there would be nothing more classy and elegant than that creamy blend of sugar and cake that produces the goodness of sugar cookies.
A sugar cookie recipe contains a blend of ingredients like flour, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, etc. You can make sugar cookies using your hands or cut them into shapes.
People usually garnish the cookies with added sugar, icing, sprinklings, or a blend of these. Attractive shapes and figures can be cut into the spread-out dough using a cookie cutter.
In North America, sugar cookie recipe is very popular and people love devouring them during their Christmas holidays, and also Halloween, and Hanukkah.
- Unsalted butter 1 cup
- Granulated white sugar 1 cup
- Vanilla extract 1 tsp.
- Almond extract 1/2 tsp.
- Egg 1
- Baking powder 2 tsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- All-purpose flour 3 cups
- First preheat the oven at 350° F. Then take a pan or cookie sheet, fit it with parchment and set it aside.
- Now take a mixer bowl and mix the cream butter and sugar for at least 3 minutes, until the blend is smooth.
- Then mix egg and extracts and beat it until properly wet, smooth, and soft.
- Next, take another bowl and add all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt in it, and mix the dry ingredients. Now add the wet ingredients in it. Add a little at a time to mix everything properly.
- Mix all the ingredients properly and make it into a The dough will be stiff. If the dough feels too hard, then turn out the dough on a countertop surface. Then wet your hands and knead the dough by hand until it is less stiff.
- There is no need to chill the dough. Just make a ball from the dough and spread it using the rolling pin. Keep the floured surface on the thicker side, at least 1/4 inches. Then cut the cookies from the rolled out surface. You can cut the shape of the cookie using a knife or cookie cutters in different shapes.
- Then put the cookies on the cookie sheet and bake it at 350° F for 6-8 minutes. Once they are cooked, take out the cookie sheet and let it cool until they are firm enough to move to a cooler surface or pan.