Batter based flat cake is known as a waffle. Waffles were first prepared in the middle Ages and are sold as crusty street food outside churches in Belgium.
It is a Belgian cooking forte. Belgium is a flourishing place for waffle industry. Belgium waffles are served across different kinds of toppings over it. They are one of the very famous things.
It is not an extreme sugared snack and is made-up to be airy, fluffy, and eaten with the hands.
Let’s dive into the waffle recipe to make these yummy, mouthwatering snack at home.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour – approx. 260g
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk – approx. 480ml
- 2 tbsp. sugar – approx. 25g
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter – approx. 60g
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract – approx. 3ml
- 1/2 tsp. salt – approx. 3g
- 2 tsp. baking powder – approx. 8g
- Take the separated egg yolks in a bowl.
- Put 2 tbsp. of sugar in the bowl and mix it well.
- If you have a hand mixer then you can mix it with that or else you can easily mix with a spoon.
- Now put butter and vanilla extract in the mixture and blend it again.
- Add milk (2 cups) into the mixture and blend it well.
- Put flour, salt and baking powder in the mixture and mix it. You can also use a hand whisk to mix it all.
- Don’t over mix it. Just put effort to get it all together.
- Take the egg whites (4 eggs) in a separate bowl and mix it nicely so that it is kind of Mix until there are peaks formed.
- Now pour the egg white mixture into the previous bowl of the flour egg mix. Blend it nicely.
- We have made this separate mixture of egg whites so that the waffles are fluffy and soft.
- Heat the waffle iron and spray it nicely with kitchen spray.
- Pour the waffle mixture in the waffle iron nicely and close it and turn it upside down.
- Follow the instruction of cooking as per your waffle iron and when cooked, take it out with the help of a fork.
- Wow! The classic Belgian waffle is ready to eat. You can eat it with any kind of toppings like maple syrup, sugar, strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, banana, Nutella or peanut butter.