Arby’s Chicken Bacon Swiss Sandwich Recipe
Here is a copycat recipe for the Chicken Bacon Swiss Sandwich from Arby’s restaurant. This sandwich is loaded with fried chicken, Swiss cheese, peppered bacon and honey mustard sauce. The chicken is dipped in a seasoned flour mixture and then fried. You can cook the bacon in various ways including on the stovetop, in the microwave or in the oven. I personally enjoy cooking the bacon in the oven. You can either use a deep pot or a deep-fryer to cook the chicken. The buns can be toasted in a large skillet. The honey mustard sauce is a combination of Dijon mustard, honey and rice wine vinegar. You can top these sandwiches with a slice of tomato and lettuce if you wish. I like to serve these sandwiches with French fries. Enjoy.
Arby's Chicken Bacon Swiss Sandwich
Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 eggs
- Oil (for frying)
Honey Mustard Sauce-
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 sesame seed hamburger buns
- butter (for spreading)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices peppered bacon
- In a bowl combine honey, Dijon mustard and rice wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until browned and crispy, turning at least once. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. If you want to know how to cook bacon in the microwave or oven, see my tutorial on how to cook crispy bacon.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. In a shallow plate or pie dish combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Roll the chicken first in the flour, then dip in the egg and then roll in the flour again. Repeat with the remaining chicken breast.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F. Cook the chicken breasts one at a time in the hot oil for about 10 minutes or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Top each chicken breast with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Split the buns in half. Spread a thin layer of butter onto the cut side of each bun. Place into the skillet butter side-down and cook until browned on the bottom. Remove from the skillet.
- To make the sandwiches. Spread a thin layer of honey mustard onto the top of the bottom half of each bun. Top with a cooked chicken breast. Add 2 slices of the bacon onto the chicken. Spread an additional layer of honey mustard onto the bottom of the top half of the bun. Place onto the sandwich, honey mustard side down.