- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small red onion (1/2 finely chopped, half thinly sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 1/4lbs ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon grill seasoning
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups shredded cabbage mix
- salt and pepper
- 4 Kaiser rolls (or hamburger buns)
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add chopped red onion, garlic, and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes to soften and sweeten. Sprinkle the sugar into the pan and remove from heat. Transfer into a large bowl and allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes. Add Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce to the tomato paste mixture in the bowl and combine. Add chicken to the bowl and grill seasoning, mix well and form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to the pan and cook for 6 minutes on each side or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). You can also brush the patties with olive oil and grill them if you would prefer.
- In a large bowl combine honey, lemon juice, and remaining olive oil. Add relish, cabbage mix, and sliced onions. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the slaw to coat.
- Serve burgers on buns topped with slaw.