This BBQ chicken sandwich is more of what I would consider a BBQ chicken blt. It combines BBQ chicken breasts with bacon, lettuce, and tomato. However, make really makes this sandwich stand out is the avocado ranch dressing. The dressing is nothing more than ranch dressing and a fresh avocado blended together. The chicken can either be baked or grilled. For the bread, you can use whatever you like but I prefer sourdough. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves
- The ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 8 slices sourdough bread (to toasted)
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 small avocado (peeled, pitted, and sliced)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with bbq sauce and place onto the baking sheet. Top each chicken breast with 2 slices of bacon.
- Bake chicken breasts for 25 minutes or until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees. During the last couple minutes of cooking top each chicken breast with 2 slices of Swiss cheese and allow it to melt. Remove from the oven. While chicken is cooking in a food processor blend together ranch dressing and diced avocado. Set aside.
- Lay down one slice of sourdough bread. Top with lettuce and 2 slices of tomato. Top the tomato with a chicken breast. Spread avocado ranch dressing onto the bottom of the top slice of bread. Place on top of the sandwich.