These BBQ ranch burgers get a lot of flavor from ranch dressing mix and prepared bbq sauce. The burgers are topped with ranch guacamole. You can either grill these burgers on an outdoor grill, cook them in the frying pan or on a griddle. The ground beef is mixed with ingredients such as ranch dressing, bbq sauce, shredded cheddar cheese and minced onion. I like to serve these burgers with French fries. Enjoy!
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dip mix
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄3 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
- 4 hamburger buns
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 slices tomatoes
- Place 1/4 of the dry ranch mix in a small bowl and mix in the mashed avocado.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ranch mix, ground beef, onion, and barbecue sauce. mix well.
- Form the mixture into 4 large flat patties. Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Place the patties onto the grill and grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until cooked through, the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.
- During the last few minutes of cooking top each patty with about 3 tablespoons shredded cheese and grill until melted.
- Split the hamburger buns and place them cut-side down onto the grill and lightly toast.
- To assemble, top each hamburger bun with lettuce, tomato, a grilled hamburger patty and some of the seasoned avocado.