- 4salmon fillets (skin and bones removed)
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- In a small bowl combine paprika, cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, basil, and oregano. Mix well. Brush the salmon fillets lightly on both sides with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly on both sides with the seasoning mixture. Drizzle one side of each fillet with butter.
- Heat a large skillet to high heat. Add salmon butter side down and cook until the bottom is blackened (2-5 minutes). Drizzle the other side with remaining butter. Flip the salmon fillets and cook until blackened and the fish flakes easily.