- The ¼ cup of cashew nut butter
- A ⅛ cup of oil (choose one with a mild taste – I use almond oil)
- The ⅝ cup of agave syrup (depending on how sweet you want your flapjacks to be)
- 1 ½ cups of oats (I use Alara Dreamy Chocolate Oats for an added chocolatey taste)
- Sprinkle of salt (a pink Himalayan salt is an option with more health benefits)
- Heat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Melt the cashew butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add in the agave syrup and oil and bring to simmer – be careful not to boil as this will burn the ingredients.
- Stir in the oats, salt and any additional ingredients (such as raisins or chocolate chips) of your choosing.
- Stir well until all ingredients are evenly combined.
- Transfer to an oven proof tray and level out the mixture.
- Put in the middle of the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Take out, cool and enjoy!