- 1lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 1 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 6 hard taco shells
- 6 gordita shells
- ¼ cup red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Place the bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, and onion into the bowl of a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Stir together 4 teaspoons of this mixture the mayonnaise, and vinegar in a small bowl. Season with pepper, garlic powder, and cumin. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. The drain of any excess grease. Stir in the taco seasoning with 1 ¼ cups of water. Reduce heat and simmer until the water is almost gone and the mixture is thick.
- Layout a gordita shell onto a microwave safe plate. Spread a layer of Mexican cheese blend over the top of the gordita.
- Place into the microwave and microwave for 30 seconds or until the cheese has melted. Place a taco shell onto one side of the gordita. Fold the gordita around the taco shell and press so it sticks to the cheese.
- Add some ground beef to the taco shell and top with some of the sauce, romaine lettuce, and cheddar cheese.
- Repeat with remaining shells.