- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup canned black beans (rinsed)
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup Mexican cheese blend
- ¾ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1 medium avocado (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the chicken into the slow cooker and season with taco seasoning and cumin. Pour the salsa and black beans over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until the chicken is tender and easily shreds with 2 forks. Shred the chicken and stir to combine with black beans and the liquid in the slow cooker. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a blender and blend until smooth. If the dressing is too thick, add a little more buttermilk.
- To make the salad—place 1 ½ cups of lettuce onto each plate, top with a ¾ cup of the chicken mixture, about 1 tablespoon of cheese and 2 tablespoons of the dressing.