Chicken and wild rice casserole is easy to prepare and tastes just amazing. This recipe uses very few ingredients and will be ready in no time at all. Prepared wild rice is layered in a baking dish with chicken, cheese, a cream of chicken soup mixture and herb stuffing. The only thing that needs to be cooked in advance for this recipe is the wild rice. The chicken is sliced into chunks and then placed into the casserole dish raw and fully cooked in the oven during the baking process. I like to serve this casserole with a salad on the side or by itself. Enjoy.
- 1 (6 ounces) package long grain and wild rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- ¼ cup chicken broth (or water)
- 3 cups herb seasoned stuffing
- ½ cup butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook the wild rice according to package directions. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour the prepared rice into the bottom of the baking dish and spread in an even layer.
- Cover rice with 1 cup of the cheese and then layer on the uncooked chicken pieces. Sprinkle the chicken with paprika to taste. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top of the chicken.
- Combine cream of chicken soup and chicken broth and spoon over the top of the cheese. Add the melted butter to the stuffing mix and spread over the top of the casserole.
- Place into the oven and bake for 60 minutes.