The flavor combination of chicken, bacon, and ranch goes great with tater tots in this delicious casserole recipe. You can cook your own chicken for this recipe or if you want to save time, you can use the meat from a cooked rotisserie chicken. This casserole is also a great way to use any cooked chicken you may have left over from a meal. Preparing this casserole is easy enough—the chicken is layered in a baking dish with a ranch sauce, chees, frozen tater tots and bacon. The ranch sauce is just a simple combination of butter, flour, milk and ranch dressing and is prepared on the stove top. This casserole makes a quick and easy dinner for any night of the week. Enjoy.
- 6 slices of crispy, cooked bacon
- 4 chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- 1 bag frozen tater tots
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat, then whisk in flour. Add a ½ teaspoon of salt and a ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper. Slowly whisk in the milk a little at a time. Cook while whisking until the mixture has reached a creamy consistency. Whisk in the ranch dressing. Remove from heat.
- Add the chicken in an even layer onto the bottom of the baking dish. Pour the prepared ranch sauce over the chicken. Top the sauce with half of the cheese and then the tater tots.
- Place into the oven and bake at 425 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes until the tater tots are crispy and golden. Remove from the oven. Top with the remaining cheese and crumbled bacon. Return to the oven and bake for about 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.